Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sow, Sow, Sow.



I popped down the plot for a cheeky hour this afternoon, while I was there I sowed some more Peas, Beans and Sweetcorn, I also sowed some Globe Artichokes, Cabbage (3 varieties) and Purple Sprouting Cauliflower. This is the first round of seeds as I'm going to do some more in 3 weeks and possibly another round later in May. As I've never used fibre pots before I'm "hedging" my bets and using plastic as well. So let the sowing continue.....                                                                                                                                                                                  
Cucumber seedling coming through
                                                                                                                                                                                                   
The Strawberry plants I was given are coming along very nicely after I cut them right back as they had a lot of dead leaves and damaged runners on them. So I took some secateurs to them and now they are thriving.


                                                                                I picked up these freebies today (2 home brew beer kegs), I just need to work out what to do with them now, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Looking very good, the fibre pots work well but need watering well and often. Last year it got too wet in the polytunnel with no sun and I found they fell apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie, I heard that they can fall apart that's why I'm using a mix of fibre and plastic.

    ReplyDelete