Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 March 2013

Arrival of Spring (Finally)

Well it looks like that Spring has finally arrived in South West corner of Cumbria. I went down the plot on Friday and the temperature in the Greenhouse was a balmy 23 C, goodbye Winter (I hope). While I was there on Friday I got the Raspberry, Blueberry and Redcurrant bushes potted up, I just need to get another one of each so they can cross pollinate.
                                                                                           
  
  I also built myself a little "cooker" for boiling a kettle on (I'm sick of warm/cool coffee out of a flask).

On a visit to the plot today I knocked up some temporary staging, the Strawberry and Herb plants on it will be getting planted out soon, once I've decided where. I sowed some Peas, Beans, and Sweetcorn in to some fibre pots today but since I've never used them before I'm a bit reserved about doing too many, I'm going to use this year as a experiment year with them and still sow in plastic pots as well. Today's temp was a bit cooler but I did have the door open in the Greenhouse.
The forecast is looking pretty good for the week so I think the theme this week is going to be sow,sow,sow in the plot "office" (below).



Thanks a lot for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Lets hope the forecast is correct. All my plants in the polytunnels and conservatory are going mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Julie, hopefully my plants will start shooting up if the temperature keeps up. I need to get a polytunnel sorted.

    ReplyDelete