Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bark and other stuff

Today I finally finished relaying the paths in this half of the plot. I had to put (freshly chipped) bark chippings back down as I couldn't get hold of any gravel (free). I was very reluctant to use chippings again as the lot I took up in January where full of weeds but since my belief is to use as much free/recycled or very cheap/recycled materials as possible, I wasn't left with much choice. I took delivery of this lot on Monday night (about 5:30, it was a race against time to move it before it got dark) and all it cost me was a small delivery charge.

On the growing front.....   I made a improvised propagator (out of bits I had lying around the plot) a couple of weeks a go, I put some trays in it and filled them with home made compost and left it. On Sunday I sowed  some seeds in to the trays (Tomatoes, Chillies, Aubergines and Cucumbers) and to my surprise when I checked them today 2 seedlings (Chilli and Tomato) are popping up, it looks like my little throw together propagator is working.
On a finishing note, the first spring flowers of the year are coming out, thanks a lot for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment